30 June 2010

freely given

Funny how God works----

I'm reading my devotional and for some reason I'm just having the hardest time getting connected to today's reading.  So right before I just check out, I get to one sentence that had me dig a little deeper....
"...He is the answer.  The world seeks wisdom and our God has given us the mind of Christ (1 Cor2:16).  So I go to look up the verse, and I read it over and over again.

"For who has known the mind of Christ that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."

Just in that small, simple verse, I am completely amazed and perplexed.  I can't believe that we are able to behold the mindset of our Lord!!! To think that he entrusts us with that just BLOWS ME AWAY!!!  So, of course I don't just stop there....I proceed to back up to the beginning of 1 Corinithians 2 and just read away.  I forget how much I love this book!!!  It about brings me to tears to be reminded that God has truly prepared and defined AWESOMENESS for us.  It says it plain as day:
"'No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him' 
but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit".

The fact that we can know what God's thoughts are towards us just has be stunned and amazed.  Through our relationship with Christ and His Spirit, we are able to understand what God has given us...without cost.  WOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment