14 August 2009

current predicament

So I started my morning trying to figure the Uhaul situation out. Turns out I should have just done everything on my own (on Monday) instead of waiting on my parents (its now Friday). Independent-self sufficient. I'm not going to go off about that...that would be wasted breath/type/whatever...haha. Okay--back to the Uhaul. So I was originally planning on doing everything on-line. That way I didn't have to go though all kinds of trouble talking to random people on the phone. However, since it's Friday (and I needed the Uhaul today to drive to Bham) I realized I just needed to speak to the people. So I called "your friendly neighborhood Uhaul service representative"...too long of a name for me to put on a business card... ANYWAY... She was helpful, but very difficult to understand. She informed me that it would be double the price (as in over $600) for me to drive the Uhaul from Mandeville to Birmingham back to Mandeville....soooo being the economical individual I am (no need to snicker) I decided it would be in my best interest to save $300 and just drive to Bham in my mom's car, and just drive the Uhaul back by myself. I called my mom...she thought that was genius. So I make the reservation. Then I get Billy-Bob from the Uhaul in Bham to call me. He said that the only truck he has available is at 4pm!!!! I couldn't believe it. Then, I was a woman on a mission. I tried EVERY Uhaul place in Bham and the surrounding area...other renting truck companies...nothing. I was just really aggravated bc my whole weekend was thrown off.

okay, so finally (after much deliberation) I decided to fly to Bham tom morning and get the Uhaul at 4pm...to in turn load it up with all my stuff...to then drive back that same night...to unload. yeah...that should be super interesting. At least I saved money...and gas :)

so that's kind of where my day has been... and gone. Looking so forward to working out tonight, and then CRASHING in front of the TV. I'm going to act out R-E-L-A-X-A-T-I-O-N.

No comments:

Post a Comment