07 January 2010

moments

Today has been.....beautiful.  That is the best way that I can explain it.  Despite the weather (even though I enjoy the cold and rain), its just been so beautiful.  It all started with COTK's weekly Thursday morning 6am prayer.  I primarily went because Griffin was singing....however, when I got there....the Lord totally met me where I was.  There was a moment where all that I could do was just look upward and smile.  Tears started welling up in my eyes, and I knew that I was experiencing Jesus in a very peaceful way.  Peace. So much peace just descended upon my spirit.  I felt for the first time in a really long time that I was exactly where the Lord wanted me right now: Completely surrendered to Him, willing to walk through whatever door He opened, joyously accepting the opportunities (no matter how much "sense" they make) that He presents to me.  All this happened while Griff was leading worship.  It was such a beautiful moment for me because the Lord's hand is so evidently over his life.  You know those times where you can literally just feel the Lord's favor over someone's life....those moments where it's so evident that individual is walking alongside our Father??? Yeah...it was one of those.  And its not just because it's Griffin.  Actually....it's the Lord IN Griffin that was so compelling.  Anyway... that was the morning. 

OF COURSE I went back to sleep after morning worship!!!! I slept for another hour and then got ready for the day....mom brought coffee (yum!) and work was the same...but I've changed my perspective, so things are looking up. :) Then....I was treated to lunch via mom....and Griffin joined us. :) THEN....my mom and I hit some really good sales at a shoe store...like legit AWESOME sales!

So that's been the day so far.  I mean, there's not a whole lot that's been going on....and nothing "super awesome" to look forward to (except mom's chicken marsala tonight) but I'm cherishing all the little moments....all the small things that I usually overlook during the day.

So 'nuff said about that....just be encouraged and take a moment to relish "the moment".

No comments:

Post a Comment