24 March 2010

life lesson

I had a very interesting day yesterday....Ever have those moments where you find yourself wondering "What am I supposed to do? What is my purpose?  What am I really good at? What are my definitive passions?"  Yeah, I know for a fact that those are questions that plague everyone.

Well, yesterday...after the chaos of the work day subsided, I was just talking everything out with my fiance (he is so wise and very eloquent, seriously).  There was a second where I just felt like I was not able to move forward....like I could see the road ahead...but for some reason, was not allowed to progress in that genre....to really pursue and nurture the things in my life that I believe are true gifts/talents from the Lord.  It was so frustrating.  To the point where I just sat back and let it out.  And it was good.

I've realized that sometimes the "reality" of life is hard to grasp; to completely and fully accept.  Because the truth of the matter is: I don't believe I was made to just "accept" something as normal.  I'm such a digger...discerner...motivator....that I can't just sit back and look at something that doesn't feel right as "okay".  Well, sadly I'm too chicken (for lack of a better term) to really step out and say something up front...because what if it isn't my place????  Then again, when is it EVER someone's "place". 

So...I'm teachable.  Trying to get through this "life lesson" without simply just passing.  I'm actually trying to see the whole point of it.

And yes, I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment