29 December 2010

you never know...

So much has transpired in the last 6-8 hours that I can't even wrap my brain around it anymore! I got up for work simply thinking that today would be like any other day (minus the fact that I can't breathe out of my right nostril, and my hubby was leaving for the lodge/cabin/farm).  I merge onto the interstate headed for lab #2 to meet several patients when lo and behold my car just decides that it is going to decelerate at a rapid pace and just not function at all.  My heart stops for a brief second because all I can see is about 7 18-wheelers in single file right behind me.  I'm trapped in the left lane slowly coming to a complete stop and I can't operate my car at all.  Finally, I'm able to change lanes and pull over on the side of the interstate (mind you, RUSHING cars going by).  I panic (honestly, panic is a mild word...I was way past panic).  I call hubby in tears and try not to freak him out.  I keep telling him I'm fine, but I don't really know if I am....and I don't know whether to get out of the car or not.  [I have a VERY imaginative mind and all I kept seeing was my car blowing up...a little extreme, I know].  Finally, hubby gets there after "what seemed like" 40 minutes of panic time.  I look a wreck, and he comes to the rescue! Knight in Shining Armor at your service!!!! :) I get on the phone with my work in the meantime, because (of course) all I can think of right now is that I am going to be late for my patients and that just SIMPLY WILL NOT work.  After getting that taken care of, we finally arrive at the conclusion to take the car to an Auto place that my dad likes to use.  We get there and the really nice lady tells us that she can't touch the car since it is still under warranty...we would need to bring it to the dealer in order for the warranty to still be effective.  (FYI: the dealership is another good 30 minutes away).  Awesome. We then drive all the way to the dealership to get me another "temporary car" complete with a cassette player for my throwback cassette collection. Holla. So now, I'm back at work...wishing I could just lie down (I'm so freakin exhausted!!!)

FYI: my car is new too.... haha

anyway.... I have found the GREATEST man ever.....because he NEVER complained the entire while he was helping me with all this car stuff (he was supposed to be headed to the lodge/cabin/farm)...sweet sweet man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment