13 December 2010

good--perfect--complete--beautiful

I took some time last night to do something that I haven't done in a very long time....I decided to read the Bible until something caused me to stop, and then just let that verse sink in.  Well, as usual, I didn't get very far in Philippians chapter 1.  I made it verse 6 actually....and then I just absolutely could not move from that verse:
"being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." 
It was already highlighted, underlined, circled...you name it...so all I COULD do was to just sit and let the Holy Spirit speak to me.  I started crying at one point because for some reason, I could not get past the word "good".  Thankful for my "study" Bible--with all the nifty addons and extras--I was able to just follow the asterisk to the definition and translation of "good" in this particular verse.  It proceeded to tell me that "good" is meaning "perfect, complete, beautiful, a characteristic where people are drawn to you".... It blessed my heart just knowing that God isn't finished with me yet.  There is a reason for everything...and He isn't just going to leave me in a position with work or whatever where I will be alone and confused.  It made me happy...and actually able to sleep for the majority of the night not worrying about waking up for the work week.  :)

So with that, I hope that someone will be blessed and have a newfound understanding of the "good work" that Christ is doing inside of them.

Happy Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment